Aga Khan University, Institute for Educational Development, cordially invites you to a Kazim Bacchus Research Seminar, titled “Scholarship of Teaching and Learning with Prof Lee S Shulman,” by Professor Lee S. Shulman.
Professor Lee S. Shulman is President Emeritus, The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching Charles E. Ducommun Professor of Education Emeritus, Stanford University
EVENT: Scholarship of Teaching and Learning with Prof Lee S Shulman
DATE: Friday, January 23rd, 2015
SPEAKER: Professor Lee S. Shulman, President Emeritus, The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching Charles E. Ducommun Professor of Education Emeritus, Stanford University
TIME: 8:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. local time
VENUE: Aga Khan University – TBA & WebEx
About Professor Lee S. Shulman
Professor Lee S. Shulman is the President Emeritus of the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching and Charles E. Ducommun Professor of Education Emeritus in the Stanford School of Education. He has published highly influential articles on a range of topics — problem-solving processes in medicine, teachers’ development of content knowledge and practice, and making university teaching “community property” or an intensely collegial and research-informed process in higher education.
Among his honors are a Guggenheim Fellowship, the Grawemeyer Award in Education for his book The Wisdom of Practice, the Lifetime Achievement Award of the American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education, and election as a Fellow of both the American Academy of Arts and Sciences and of the American Association for the Advancement of Science. As a CTL Faculty Fellow 2011-2014, Lee facilitated small group faculty discussions on the scholarship of teaching and learning (SoTL) and worked with faculty interested in the peer review of teaching.
All Related to Aga Khan University:
- AKDN’s Knowledge for Development Initiative: A collaboration between Ismaili Imamat and Portugal Ministry of Science, Technology and Higher Education
- Pakistani mothers-to-be missing out on health benefits of exercise, study finds
- Aga Khan University and Ministry of Health, Portugal sign Memorandum of Agreement for the cooperation in the area of Health
- Duke’s Samad named Chairwoman of Dept. of Medicine at Aga Khan University in Pakistan
- Researchers at Aga Khan University and the University of Virginia launch artificial intelligence study
All Related to Upcoming Events
- Vanderbilt University presents Speech and Space: Discursive Environments across Non-Arab Islam
- What people are saying about the Prince Sadruddin biography by Diana Miserez
- Talking to Diana Miserez, author of Prince Sadruddin’s biography and Nicola Spafford Furey, VP of Earth Focus Foundation one day before the book launch event at the UN
- Prince Sadruddin’s Constellation of Honors: Decorations & Distinctions
- Contemplate: Prince Sadruddin’s inspiring 1975 address to the newly settled Ismaili community in Canada
- Reflection: French Minister of Culture pays tribute to Prince Sadruddin as he decorates His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan and Prince Amyn with honours
- Retrospective: 1988 Interview with Prince Sadruddin Aga Khan Co-ordinator for United Nations Humanitarian and Economic Assistance Programmes relating to Afghanistan
- eBook of Prince Sadruddin Aga Khan’s biography now available worldwide
- UN Library hosts book launch of Prince Sadruddin Aga Khan at the Palais des Nations, Geneva on April 20
- Aga Khan University Hospital Karachi, a Legacy of Great Healthcare & Design to be presented by architects from Payette and AKU at the 29th Annual Healthcare Facilities Symposium & Expo
- Marvelous Creatures: Animals in Islamic Art, at the Aga Khan Museum Toronto
- 5th Alliance Conference Canada – Annual event for Ismaili business owners, professionals and entrepreneurs
- Legendary Sufi Singer Abida Parveen Makes Rare Appearance in Toronto
Get breaking news related to the Ismaili Imamat, the world wide Ismaili Muslim community and all their creativity, endeavors and successes.
Inspired? Share the story
Want to inspire? Send your stories to us at Ismailimail@gmail.com
Subscribe and join 20,000 + other individuals – Subscribe now!