Your Highness Sheikh Nahyan bin Mubarak al Nahyan,
Distinguished leaders from the UAE,
Excellencies and leaders of the Ismaili Muslim community
Athletes, volunteers and staff of the Jubilee Games,
Ladies and Gentlemen:
First and foremost, I wish to thank His Highness Sheikh Nahyan for both his patronage of the Jubilee Games, and for having taken the time to travel from Abu Dhabi to be with us today.
Thank you, Your Highness.
I also must express my deepest gratitude to His Highness for encouraging us to hold these games in UAE and for his kind assistance in ensuring that these moments will be memorable for all of us, and particularly for our young athletes who will remember these games and cherish the memories for a very, very long time.
I also wish to thank and express my sincere gratitude to the Government of the UAE, to its ministries, to all governmental and non-governmental institutions, for welcoming us, for their support to us and for doing whatever was necessary to enable us to create this exceptional gathering.
I would like to congratulate everyone who is participating in and helping out in these games, as well as those who participated in and helped to organise the events leading up to them for their collective effort to promote fitness and camaraderie through sports.
In the current times, I can think of no better way than this and of no better place than Dubai to promote the notion of bringing young minds from diverse backgrounds and different environments together in the spirit of friendship and peace. Indeed this is in keeping with the theme of Expo 2020, which will take place here in Dubai in just a few years.
I know the efforts that all you young and able athletes made to come here. I salute your resolve and I pray that you may carry that spirit of friendship and peace with you when you return to your homes.
Finally, I would like to conclude my brief remarks by conveying warmest greetings from my father, His Highness the Aga Khan to His Highness Sheikh Nahyan and to the Government of the UAE, and to all who have enabled these games to take place.
I convey also his very best wishes, to which I add mine, for a most enjoyable and fulfilling week for you all.
VIDEO: Day 1 Sports Highlights
Follow Live Updates here:
- Dr. Kurban Madhani’s Presentation on Central Asian Jamat
- Alyaan Dharani relives his Jubilee Games 2016 UAE memories
- Salaam Namaste TV Canada features Saifa Koonar, National Coordinator for Team Canada, Ismaili Jubilee Games Dubai 2016
- Fareen Lalani: Vikings basketball player helps Canada get gold in Ismaili Jubilee Games
- Tawfiq Jamal: Richmond league standout helps Canada win at Ismaili Jubilee Games
- Camp Discovery at East York Jamatkhana in Toronto, Canada – Theme: Jubilee Games 2016
- DISCOVER Tajikistan: Jubilee Games 2016 Discovery Programme
- Fahim Somani: Genesis of the Design of Fanous, for 2016 Jubilee Games
- Life Size Fanous: Built in Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Ali Aamir of Chitral: Winner 100m and 200m at Jubilee Games Dubai 2016
- “Meet My Hero, Adnan” says Riyaan Maherali
- Tajikistan Honours Jubilee Games Dubai Athletes
- UBC Bookplate from Amin Damji celebrates Dubai Games
- Hatfield Jamatkhana UK celebrates success of Rhian Mather at #JubileeGames
- Jubilee Games Athletes receive warm welcome in Hunza, Pakistan
- Shereen Ladha: Professional Choreographer, Jubilee Games 2016
- Qayl Maherali of the Mars Generation reports about the Jubilee Games for TheIsmaili.org
- President of Kenya, Uhuru Kenyatta celebrates with medal winning Jubilee Games Team Kenya
- Canadian Ismaili Council President Malik Talib’s message on the conclusion of Jubilee Games in Dubai
- Jubilee Games conclude in Dubai | GulfNews
- Emirates News Video Report (In Arabic): Closing Ceremonies of the Jubilee Games 2016
- Video Recordings: Opening Ceremony & Live Performances – Dubai 2016 Jubilee Games – Project Organizing Volunteers who made it happen
- Jubilee Games: 42 medals for Pakistan | Express Tribune
- Watch Jubilee Games Closing Ceremonies – Friday July 29, 2016
- Watch Jubilee Games Online – Live from Dubai
- Jubilee Games Sports Highlights: Day Three, Four, Five & Six
- 13 Tweets That Prove The Jubilee Games Happening In Dubai Are In Full Swing At The Moment | Lovin Dubai
- Jubilee Games Sports Highlights: Day One & Two
- Video Recording: Jubilee Games 2016’s Global Musical Concert
- Live Webcast of Global Concert at the 2016 Jubilee Games Dubai
- Video: Prince Rahim Aga Khan visits the Jubilee Games
- Video: Speech by Prince Rahim Aga Khan at the Opening Ceremony of the 2016 Jubilee Games in Dubai
- Speech by Prince Rahim Aga Khan at the Opening Ceremony of the 2016 Jubilee Games in Dubai
- Dubai sport meet brings Ismailis together – Khaleej Times
- Makupa Jamat joins Ismaili communities across the world to watch the Opening Ceremonies of the Jubilee Games
- Team Canada prepares for Jubilee Games | Global News
- Prime Minister Justin Trudeau Wishes Good Luck to Canadian Ismaili athletes Competing in 2016 Jubilee Games Dubai
- Prince Rahim Aga Khan in attendance at the 2016 Jubilee Games Dubai – Opening Ceremonies about to start
- Road to Jubilee Games: Fanous takes UK Jamat by storm – Bond, Mission Impossible with an Ismaili Flair
- Video: Gathering in Dubai for the Jubilee Games
- Road to Jubilee Games: Follow the Fanous across Canada – Canada poised to win the hearts of the Global Jamat
- Road to Jubilee Games: Fanous in Kenya, Journeys with Jamat & Nature
- Road to Jubilee Games: Tanzania – Fanous from the shores of Lake Victoria & Indian Ocean to the Uhuru peak of Mt Kilimanjaro
- Athlete Spotlight: Canadian Adil Shamasdin at the Wimbledon Quarterfinals
- Pakistan’s Feddy Fap brings Ismaili World’s Road to Jubilee Games in Khel Josh Mein
- Composed by Salim-Sulaiman – 2016 Jubilee Games Theme Song
- Athlete Spotlight: Talisa Lanoe represents Kenya at the 2016 Rio Summer Olympics
- Road to Jubilee Games: Fanous in South Africa, Africa’s only host of the FIFA World Cup Soccer
- Milton Keynes players selected for Jubilee Games | Badminton England
- Road to Jubilee Games: Fanous in Portugal, home of the Seat of the Ismaili Imamat
- Road to Jubilee Games: Fanous in Congo
- Road to Jubilee Games: Aga Khan, Sports & Diplomacy
- Road to Jubilee Games: Fanous in Mozambique
- Road to Jubilee Games: Madagascar rising up like tigers!
- Road to Jubilee Games: Switzerland, Fanous in the heart of Europe
- Road to Jubilee Games: Uganda – Fanous lights up the hearts of the young and old alike
- Road to Jubilee Games: From mountains to mountains, Fanous travels across Tajikistan exhibiting power in unity!
- Road to Jubilee Games: Fanous in Bangladesh
- Road to Jubilee Games: Australia & New Zealand – Contending with Aussie & Kiwi Power
- Road to Jubilee Games: UAE & Gulf Jamats are ready to welcome the Ismaili World = “One Jamat” to Dubai
- Road to Jubilee Games: Jamats of Far East Unite to Compete as One
- Ontario Premier & Don Valley West MP celebrate Canada Day with Ismaili Athletes & Fanous
- Road to Jubilee Games: Catch the spirit of “JOSH” as Fanous reaches more than 100,000 people in Pakistan
- Team Tanzania takes Fanous to new heights, atop Africa’s highest summit, Mount Kilimanjaro
- Ontario Fanous Relay for Ismaili Jubilee Games & Canada Day Celebrations
- Nizar MacNojia: Watch me paint “The Fanous” in time-lapse video
- Sadiq Jiwa ’18, member of Kenyon’s golf team, will be playing in the international Ismaili Jubilee Games in Dubai
- Fanous ignites Jubilee Games spirit across the worldwide Jamat: Australia to Madagascar, Tajikistan to Tanzania, Kenya to Bangladesh, Pakistan to USA, Canada to India, UK to UAE and more to come!