One of the top players in the Richmond Adult Soccer Association helped Canada strike gold this summer on the international stage.
Tawfiq Jamal was a member of the Canadian team that captured the men’s soccer competition at the Jubilee Games in Dubai back in late July.
The Jubilee Games are held every four years and brings Ismaili Muslims from around the world together to celebrate their excellence in sport.
The inaugural Games were held in Kenya eight years ago. The third edition attracted an estimated 2,000 athletes from 28 countries to compete in 15 individual and team sports.
Canada’s gold medal run concluded with a 2-1 victory over Tajikistan. Canada led all countries in the final medal standings with 63 in total, including 21 gold.
Jamal is no stranger to success on the soccer pitch. Last season, he received the Golden Boot Award in the RASA Premier Division after leading AC Richmond to an undefeated season that culminated with capturing league honours for the very first time.
- Dr. Kurban Madhani’s Presentation on Central Asian Jamat
- Alyaan Dharani relives his Jubilee Games 2016 UAE memories
- Salaam Namaste TV Canada features Saifa Koonar, National Coordinator for Team Canada, Ismaili Jubilee Games Dubai 2016
- Fareen Lalani: Vikings basketball player helps Canada get gold in Ismaili Jubilee Games
- Tawfiq Jamal: Richmond league standout helps Canada win at Ismaili Jubilee Games
- Camp Discovery at East York Jamatkhana in Toronto, Canada – Theme: Jubilee Games 2016
- DISCOVER Tajikistan: Jubilee Games 2016 Discovery Programme
- Fahim Somani: Genesis of the Design of Fanous, for 2016 Jubilee Games
- Life Size Fanous: Built in Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Ali Aamir of Chitral: Winner 100m and 200m at Jubilee Games Dubai 2016
- “Meet My Hero, Adnan” says Riyaan Maherali
- Tajikistan Honours Jubilee Games Dubai Athletes