The BCSCCM represents British Columbia’s critical care professionals. We are comprised of rural, community and academic physicians who care for critically ill patients. We are unified by our desire to improve not just the length, but the quality of our patients’ lives.
DR. HUSSEIN KANJI (P)
Vancouver General Hospital, General and Cardiac ICU
Dr. Kanji, MD, MSc, MPH is a dual board certified clinician scientist. He works in both the general systems and cardiac surgery ICU and has an academic appointment with the University of British Columbia. Dr. Kanji serves as the President of the British Columbia Society of Critical Care Medicine. Clinically, he has an avid interest and expertise in Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO). He is leading the provincial delivery and education of this technology. He is also developing a novel database and actively involved in several research endeavors on ECMO including anticoagulation, mobile ECMO, quality of life and prognostic scoring systems in critical care. In addition, he has advanced training and expertise in ultrasound and echocardiography. He is presently focusing on clinical and research efforts to study evidence based resuscitation using echocardiography in undifferentiated shock. His research on this topic has been recognized locally and internationally.
Recent, Ismaili Muslims in the News
- Amin Bhatia & Ari Posner Winners of 2020 Canadian Screen Awards
- Dr. Naheed Dosani Recipient of University of Toronto Faculty of Medicine’s 2020 Dean’s Alumni Award
- Scarborough Health Network (SHN): A Thank You Note for Nanji Family Foundation for Their Incredible Generosity
- Professor Ali Asani Receives 2020 Harvard Foundation Faculty of the Year Award
- Ismaili Muslims Put Their Ethics Into Action During Ramadan
Recent blog posts
- Independent Initiative Taken by Ismaili Muslims to Support #BlackLivesMatter Campaign
- Canadian Ismaili Artists Step Forward to Support @AKDN Global Pandemic Relief Fund
- Maalik Mere: “The Essence of the song was PRAYER” Salim-Sulaiman Merchant
- Nazia Amin Mohammad: Ao Hamare Des|Quarantine Session
- Critical Conversations: Connecting to the Spirit Through Music