Life in the ultimate analysis has taught me one enduring lesson. The subject should always disappear in the object
– Hazrat Mawlana Imam Sultan Muhammed Shah
About this book
Brave indeed would be a person to undertake a book on Hazrat Mawlana Sultan Muhammad Shah al-Husayni, `alayhi’s-salam! It would take much more than an ordinary literary talent to do justice to a life crammed with so many unprecedented events and achievements, a life which he himself describes as being so full that he was never for an instant bored!
This publication therefore has very different objectives. It attempts to focus on selected aspects of Hazrat Mawlana Sultan Muhammad Shah’s life and times in order to motivate the readers to reflect on the reasons for what happened during his long Imamat. The first two sections on his titles and decorations and a calendar of the main events in his life serve as a backdrop as well as an easy reference. He was the first Imam in Ismaili history to play such an outstanding role in international politics. Born in the east, he publicly acknowledges his beloved mother’s role in receiving a thorough education both of the east and the west. During his long life he travelled all over the globe. His impact on the political, social and educational aspects of his time is indelible. He was the most indefatigable champion of Islam in the west and also the most outspoken about the shortcomings of Muslims in the east.
Earlier and Related
Ismailimail Special Feature:
137th birth anniversary of His Highness Sir Sultan Muhammed Shah Aga Khan III
- Constellation of Honours of His Highness Aga Sir Sultan Muhammad Shah, Aga Khan III
- Dawn (Pakistan) | Aga Khan and Pakistan
- The Express Tribune (Pakistan) | Sir Aga Khan: The Visionary Leader
- Business Recorder (Pakistan) | Ismaili community marks Sir Aga Khan III’s birth anniversary today
- Constellations | His Highness Sir Sultan Muhammad Shah Aga Khan III & The League of Nations
- 137 yrs ago, began the resurrection of knowledge! His Highness Sir Sultan Muhammed Shah Aga Khan III
- Publication: Hazrat Mawlana Imam Sultan Muhammed Shah – A Bridge Between Two Epochs
- Reflection: Ismaili Gnosis | Mawlana Imam Sultan Muhammed Shah Aga Khan III on My Flag
- Retrospective: Readings on Mawlana Imam Sultan Muhammed Shah & Imam Hussein: Two Ismaili Imams Who Lived 1250 Years Apart
- Retrospective: Noureen Reimoo | Sir Sultan Muhammed Shah Aga Khan III: From Horse Carriages to Nuclear Physics – Seventy Years of Glorious Leadership
Get breaking news related to the Ismaili Imamat, the Noorani Family, the world wide Ismaili Jamat and all their endeavors and successes.
Learn how to subscribe and join 15,000 + other amazing people – Subscribe now!
All Related to His Highness Aga Khan III on Ismailimail:
- Timbuktu manuscripts: Mali’s ancient documents captured online
- Nasir-i Khusraw and his disciples spread Ismailism to China
- Sujatha Gade: Promoting emotional and mental wellbeing at Diamond Jubilee School, Hyderabad, founded by Sir Sultan Muhammad Shah Aga Khan III
- Fabricated medieval legends permeated Sir Sultan Muhammad Shah Aga Khan III’s meeting with a dignitary, and hindered Ivanow’s publication of Ismaili works
- The transformation of the Khoja Ismaili community into a distinct, cosmopolitan one was due to the vision of the Aga Khans
- Sujjawal Ahmad: Sir Aga Khan’s drive for education | Business Recorder
- [Oct 1]Today in history: Sir Sultan Muhammad Shah Aga Khan III led the Simla delegation for greater representation of Muslims in politics
- Mawlana Sultan Muhammad Shah: “It was in my power to set an example”
- Dr. Shenila Khoja-Moolji (@SKhojaMoolji): Imam Sultan Mahomed Shah Aga Khan III: Laying the Foundations for Ismaili Women’s Progress
- Nimira’s Blog: Today in history [Oct 6]: Imam Sir Sultan Muhammad Shah Aga Khan III, President of the League of Nations, delivered the adjournment session