Fremont, Calif. — The Aga Khan Foundation’s 20th anniversary Partnership Walk at Central Park, Lake Elizabeth, here Oct. 19 will mark the 100th walk since the very first Walk in Los Angeles in 1995, attracting over 440,000 participants over almost two decades.
Partnership Walks across the nation is an initiative of the Aga Khan Foundation USA to raise funds and awareness to help vulnerable communities in Africa and Asia to create long-term solutions to overcome poverty.
In addition to the Walk and Run (5K, 1K and 100-yard costume dash for kids), there will be fun, entertainment and prizes.
One of the most inspiring features of the Partnership Walk is the Village in Action, where participants can enjoy interactive exhibits spotlighting the foundation’s practical solutions for alleviating poverty from Afghanistan to Zanzibar.
Participants, sponsors, donors and volunteers of Partnership Walk are part of a worldwide movement mobilizing around the universal Millennium Development Goals to reduce extreme poverty and hunger by half by 2015.
Aga Khan Foundation takes a long-term, self-help approach to help communities lift themselves out of poverty. Contributions to the foundation can create opportunities for girls in Afghanistan to go to school, for farmers in Mali to feed their families, and mothers in India to lead healthy lives.
PartnershipsInAction is an initiative of Aga Khan Foundation U.S.A. and its network of volunteers across the U.S. to raise awareness and funds for innovative programs that create hope and opportunity for disadvantaged communities in the developing world. http://www.partnershipsinaction.org, Facebook – Twitter
The next AKF Walk/Run is on October 19th in San Francisco and November 15th in Houston.
Motivate your city by sharing with Ismailimail pre-Walk and Walk-day activity reports and photographs.
Get breaking news related to the Ismaili Imamat, the Noorani Family, the world wide Ismaili Jamat and all their endeavors and successes.
Learn how to subscribe and join 15,000 + other amazing people – Subscribe now!
Related on Ismailimail
- 1,000 + People, 5 Schools, numerous Corporate Sponsors raise more than $316,000 at San Francisco’s Partnership Walk/Run
- Join Aga Khan Foundation, USA & Greater San Francisco Area Volunteers for PartnershipsInAction Walk/Run at Central Park – Lake Elizabeth, Fremont, CA.
- India West | AKF’s 20th Anniversary Partnership Walk in San Francisco Set for Oct. 19
- San Francisco Raises Over $275K for Aga Khan Foundation Programs
- Fremont Walk raises $200,000 to end poverty – San Jose Mercury News
- Aga Khan Foundation- Atlanta, USA: Vishal & Shekhar with Neeti Mohan Live!
- Atlanta Retailers Association and Circle K Walks with Aga Khan Foundation, Supporting End to Global Poverty
- Top things to do in Atlanta this weekend – Aga Khan Foundation National Walk/Run
- Georgians to help Aga Khan Foundation fight global poverty | WSB-TV
- Aga Khan Foundation Run/Walk Atlanta, September 20, 2015
- Hundreds attend Aga Khan Foundation fundraiser at Railroad Park | WBRC
- 2000+ People raised more than $300,000 at Birmingham, Alabama’s PartnershipsInAction Walk
- Alabama Retailers Continue Support for Ending Global Poverty | NACS Online
- FOX News: Aga Khan Foundation USA’s Partnership Walk held at Railroad Park in Birmingham, Alabama
- Kids and Youths show strong support at Birmingham’s Annual PartnershipsInAction Walk
- NTV Houston’s Coverage of 2019 Aga Khan Foundation Walk-Run Houston
- Houston Walk|Run 2018- Video
- Aga Khan Foundation Walk raises $1M in Houston to fight global poverty | ABC 13 Eyewitness News
- Aga Khan Foundation National Walk-Run Houston
- Aga Khan Foundation 5K Run in Sugar Land, Houston – City Council Member Harish Jajoo
- AKF and I-Cerv volunteers provide help to Police department during wildfires
- 2017 Aga Khan Foundation Los Angeles Walk-Run – Sunday November 12
- More than $510,000 raised to build better futures at Aga Khan Foundation Walk | Santa Monica Daily Press
- CBS Los Angeles: Pervez and Jasmine Delawala Interviewed for AKF USA PartnershipsInAction Walk/Run 2014
- Partnership Walk Los Angeles raises $415,000 to fight poverty – LA Times
- 2,200+ People raised more than $210,000 at Orlando’s PartnershipsInAction Walk
- Aga Khan fundraiser in Orlando huge success | News 13
- Supporting Orlando PartnershipsInAction Walk at Lake Eola Park
- Pre-walk Preparations: Orlando PartnershipsInAction Walk Kicks Off at Lake Eola Park
- Orlando, Florida takes a step to end global poverty
- Join Aga Khan Foundation USA & Volunteers for PartnershipsInAction Walk at La Villita Historic Arts Village, San Antonio, TX
- San Antonio is hosting its first Aga Khan Foundation Partnership Run and Walk
- San Antonio: Walk to spotlight global poverty – San Antonio Express-News
- First-ever San Antonio Partnership Walk banks good will, $300K
- Global poverty in the spotlight at Partnership Walk – San Antonio Express-News