“Pluralistic values have been articulated since ancient times.
Profound expressions about our common humanity are embedded in the world’s great religious traditions, including my own. But now it is for us to re-articulate those traditions.
As we do so, our support for one another can be a source of renewed and growing strength.”
– His Highness the Aga Khan, North-South Prize Ceremony, Senate Hall, Parliament, Lisbon, June 12, 2014
About International Design For All Foundation Good Practices Awards
The 6th edition of the International Design for All Foundation Good Practices Awards recognise achievements in the field of design for all, great and small, by governments, businesses, not-for-profit organisations and professionals from all over the world. In so doing, they aim to demonstrate that the implementation of design for all/universal design in any form contributes towards improving quality of life for everyone.
The Design for All Foundation collects and disseminates Universal Design/Design for All Good Practices and knowledge around the world; enhances the respect to human diversity and works for a world where everyone enjoys equal opportunities for personal development.
Via International Design For All Foundation Good Practices Awards
About the Book – A Bridge Between Two Epochs
This publication attempts to focus on selected aspects of Hazrat Mawlana Sultan Muhammad Shah’s life and times in order to motivate the readers to reflect on the reasons for what happened during his long Imamat. The first two sections on his titles and decorations and a calendar of the main events in his life serve as a backdrop as well as an easy reference. He was the first Imam in Ismaili history to play such an outstanding role in international politics. Born in the east, he publicly acknowledges his beloved mother’s role in receiving a thorough education both of the east and the west. During his long life he travelled all over the globe. His impact on the political, social and educational aspects of his time is indelible. He was the most indefatigable champion of Islam in the west and also the most outspoken about the shortcomings of Muslims in the east.
Via A Bridge Between Two Epochs
Earlier and Related
Ismailimail Special Feature:
137th birth anniversary of His Highness Sir Sultan Muhammed Shah Aga Khan III
- Constellation of Honours of His Highness Aga Sir Sultan Muhammad Shah, Aga Khan III
- Dawn (Pakistan) | Aga Khan and Pakistan
- The Express Tribune (Pakistan) | Sir Aga Khan: The Visionary Leader
- Business Recorder (Pakistan) | Ismaili community marks Sir Aga Khan III’s birth anniversary today
- Constellations | His Highness Sir Sultan Muhammad Shah Aga Khan III & The League of Nations
- 137 yrs ago, began the resurrection of knowledge! His Highness Sir Sultan Muhammed Shah Aga Khan III
- Publication: Hazrat Mawlana Imam Sultan Muhammed Shah – A Bridge Between Two Epochs
- Reflection: Ismaili Gnosis | Mawlana Imam Sultan Muhammed Shah Aga Khan III on My Flag
- Retrospective: Readings on Mawlana Imam Sultan Muhammed Shah & Imam Hussein: Two Ismaili Imams Who Lived 1250 Years Apart
- Retrospective: Noureen Reimoo | Sir Sultan Muhammed Shah Aga Khan III: From Horse Carriages to Nuclear Physics – Seventy Years of Glorious Leadership
Be the First to Know – Join Ismailimail
Get breaking news related to the Ismaili Imamat, the world wide Ismaili Muslim community and all their creativity, endeavors and successes.
Inspired? Share the story
Want to inspire? Send us your story(s) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe and join 19,000 + other individuals – Subscribe now!
All Related to His Highness Aga Khan III on Ismailimail:
- Moment in Time | February 16, 1946: Sir Sultan Muhammad Shah Aga Khan III Established a Research Institution
- Mawlana Hazar Imam Aga Khan IV: “A strong commitment to learning has been at the very root of Ismaili and Islamic culture” (@UNESCO)
- Sir Sultan Muhammad Shah Aga Khan III: “…we stuck to our rites and ceremonies … forgetting the other half of our faith”
- Sir Sultan Muhammad Shah Aga Khan III forged a distinctive identity for the Nizari Ismailis
- Business Recorder: Remembering Aga Khan III | Sujjawal Ahmad (@sujjawalahmad)
- Timbuktu manuscripts: Mali’s ancient documents captured online
- Nasir-i Khusraw and his disciples spread Ismailism to China
- Sujatha Gade: Promoting emotional and mental wellbeing at Diamond Jubilee School, Hyderabad, founded by Sir Sultan Muhammad Shah Aga Khan III
- Fabricated medieval legends permeated Sir Sultan Muhammad Shah Aga Khan III’s meeting with a dignitary, and hindered Ivanow’s publication of Ismaili works
- The transformation of the Khoja Ismaili community into a distinct, cosmopolitan one was due to the vision of the Aga Khans