WHAT IS #GIVINGTUESDAY?
We have a day for giving thanks. We have two for getting deals. Now, we have #GivingTuesday, a global day dedicated to giving back. On Tuesday, December 2, 2014, charities, families, businesses, community centers, and students around the world will come together for one common purpose: to celebrate generosity and to give.
It’s a simple idea. Just find a way for your family, your community, your company or your organization to come together to give something more. Then tell everyone you can about how you are giving. Join us and be a part of a global celebration of a new tradition of generosity.
Ismailimail is excited to announce Aga Khan Foundation USA’s 2014 Giving Tuesday campaign!
Giving Tuesday began in response to “Black Friday” as a way to highlight that the holidays are about giving and charity, not just consumerism.
For the third year in a row, the Aga Khan Foundation U.S.A. (AKF USA) is joining the Giving Tuesday movement as a partner to raise awareness and funds for a good cause.
We ask our readers to help us spread the word for our expanded 2014 campaign, celebrating with the theme “How I See Change”!
On November 2 AKF USA will launch a month-long online campaign leading up to Giving Tuesday, December 2 – the Tuesday after Thanksgiving.
Over the 30 days, we will be sharing personal stories of the lasting impact and self-reliance made possible by the people in the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN).
“How I See Change” brings together stories of transformation and self-reliance from Asia and Africa. For the AKDN growing self-reliance is at the core of what we do. Gaining skills and resources to be self-reliant is at the heart of how many of the poorest people we serve are mobilizing change for a better life. Learn more about our campaign here:www.partnershipsinaction.org/givingtuesday
Giving Tuesday is all about giving back. It comes around the holiday season as you celebrate the joy of giving.
The retail industry has long benefited from “Black Friday” and “Cyber Monday.” Giving Tuesday opens up an opportunity for you to give to others who don’t have the benefit of shopping at holiday time.
Your participation in Giving Tuesday can help change lives for the better. Your participation becomes an investment in people who are committed to making change happen.
Starting November 2, we’re aiming to raise $20,000 by December 2 to improve the quality of life for those most in need in Africa and Asia.
Related – PartnershipsInAction on Ismailimail
PartnershipsInAction is an initiative of Aga Khan Foundation U.S.A. and its network of volunteers across the U.S. to raise awareness and funds for innovative programs that create hope and opportunity for disadvantaged communities in the developing world. – http://www.partnershipsinaction.org, Facebook, Twitter
The next AKF Walk/Run is on November 15th in Houston .
Motivate your city by sharing with Ismailimail pre-Walk and Walk-day activity reports and photographs.
Get breaking news related to the Ismaili Imamat, the Noorani Family, the world wide Ismaili Jamat and all their endeavors and successes.
Learn how to subscribe and join 15,000 + other amazing people – Subscribe now!
Related on Ismailimail
- 1,000 + People, 5 Schools, numerous Corporate Sponsors raise more than $316,000 at San Francisco’s Partnership Walk/Run
- Join Aga Khan Foundation, USA & Greater San Francisco Area Volunteers for PartnershipsInAction Walk/Run at Central Park – Lake Elizabeth, Fremont, CA.
- India West | AKF’s 20th Anniversary Partnership Walk in San Francisco Set for Oct. 19
- San Francisco Raises Over $275K for Aga Khan Foundation Programs
- Fremont Walk raises $200,000 to end poverty – San Jose Mercury News
- Aga Khan Foundation- Atlanta, USA: Vishal & Shekhar with Neeti Mohan Live!
- Atlanta Retailers Association and Circle K Walks with Aga Khan Foundation, Supporting End to Global Poverty
- Top things to do in Atlanta this weekend – Aga Khan Foundation National Walk/Run
- Georgians to help Aga Khan Foundation fight global poverty | WSB-TV
- Aga Khan Foundation Run/Walk Atlanta, September 20, 2015
- Hundreds attend Aga Khan Foundation fundraiser at Railroad Park | WBRC
- 2000+ People raised more than $300,000 at Birmingham, Alabama’s PartnershipsInAction Walk
- Alabama Retailers Continue Support for Ending Global Poverty | NACS Online
- FOX News: Aga Khan Foundation USA’s Partnership Walk held at Railroad Park in Birmingham, Alabama
- Kids and Youths show strong support at Birmingham’s Annual PartnershipsInAction Walk
- NTV Houston’s Coverage of 2019 Aga Khan Foundation Walk-Run Houston
- Houston Walk|Run 2018- Video
- Aga Khan Foundation Walk raises $1M in Houston to fight global poverty | ABC 13 Eyewitness News
- Aga Khan Foundation National Walk-Run Houston
- Aga Khan Foundation 5K Run in Sugar Land, Houston – City Council Member Harish Jajoo
- AKF and I-Cerv volunteers provide help to Police department during wildfires
- 2017 Aga Khan Foundation Los Angeles Walk-Run – Sunday November 12
- More than $510,000 raised to build better futures at Aga Khan Foundation Walk | Santa Monica Daily Press
- CBS Los Angeles: Pervez and Jasmine Delawala Interviewed for AKF USA PartnershipsInAction Walk/Run 2014
- Partnership Walk Los Angeles raises $415,000 to fight poverty – LA Times
- 2,200+ People raised more than $210,000 at Orlando’s PartnershipsInAction Walk
- Aga Khan fundraiser in Orlando huge success | News 13
- Supporting Orlando PartnershipsInAction Walk at Lake Eola Park
- Pre-walk Preparations: Orlando PartnershipsInAction Walk Kicks Off at Lake Eola Park
- Orlando, Florida takes a step to end global poverty
- Join Aga Khan Foundation USA & Volunteers for PartnershipsInAction Walk at La Villita Historic Arts Village, San Antonio, TX
- San Antonio is hosting its first Aga Khan Foundation Partnership Run and Walk
- San Antonio: Walk to spotlight global poverty – San Antonio Express-News
- First-ever San Antonio Partnership Walk banks good will, $300K
- Global poverty in the spotlight at Partnership Walk – San Antonio Express-News