The orations of Imam Ja’far al-Sadiq appeared in Kitab al-Kafi by Abu Ja’far Muhammad al-Kulayni (d. 949 AC), who is considered as the foremost compiler of traditions of the Shia Imams of Ahl al-Bayt.
More recently, the orations were published in an Arabic work on Imam Ja’far al-Sadiq by the prominent Shia scholar, the late Shaykh Mohammed al-Husayn al-Muzaffar. This Arabic work was published several times by the Theological Schools in Najaf and Qum.
An English translation of the Arabic work was done by Jasim al-Rasheed and published in 2007 in Qum, Iran under the title Imam al-Sadiq. The below excerpts are adapted from Rasheed’s translation.
Be the First to Know – Join Ismailimail
Get breaking news related to the Ismaili Imamat, the Noorani Family, the world wide Ismaili Jamat and all their endeavors and successes.
Learn how to subscribe and join 15,000 + other amazing people – Subscribe now!
All Related to Ismailimail at the Inauguration of the Aga Khan Museum & Ismaili Centre, Toronto
- Women & Leadership: Discovering the Aga Khan Museum: In conversation with Pakistan’s Genius Artist – Aisha Khalid
- Ismailimail | Jubilation: Memories of Toronto
- Discovering the Aga Khan Museum: In Conversation with Pakistan’s Genius Artist – Imran Qureshi
- Happy Birthday Princess Zahra
- Discovering the Aga Khan Museum: Performing Arts Venues – Auditorium, Courtyard, Hallways and the Park
- Discovering the Aga Khan Museum: Masterpieces from the Collection
- Discovering the Aga Khan Park: Reflections – An Interplay of Nature with the Built Environment
- Discovering the Aga Khan Museum: Bellerive Room – Prince and Princess Sadruddin Aga Khan Collection
- Aga Khan Museum: Welcomes the World – Doors Open to the Public
- Noorani Family at Ismaili Centre, Toronto and Aga Khan Museum inauguration: Mawlana Hazar Imam, Prince Amyn, Prince Rahim with Princess Salwa, and Prince Hussain
- Happy Birthday Prince Amyn and Thank You for all your gifts towards the Aga Khan Museum and Ismaili Centre, Toronto!
- Discovering Ismaili Centre, Toronto: An Architectural and Engineering Gem
- Discovering Aga Khan Museum: The Gift Shop
- Humbled and Grateful: Ismailimail invited to momentous occasion