‘Id-e-Ghadir is celebrated by the Shi ‘ite communities to mark the event that took place at Ghadir Khumm. This event commemorates the designation (appointment by way of nass) of Hazrat Ali as the ‘Amir-ul-Mu’minin (commander of the faithful) and Imamul-Muslimin’ (the Imam of the community of believers) at Ghadir Khumm when the Prophet (s.a.s.) was returning from his Last Pilgrimage (hajjatul-wida) in the year 632 AC.
On this occasion, the Prophet publicly proclaimed Ali to be his successor  in guiding the community after the end of the institution of Nubuwwah. According to the Shi’a doctrine, tradition and interpretation of history, the designation of Hazrat Ali marked the beginning of the institution of Imamah. The designated Imam was to continue the ta’wil (interpretation) and talim (teaching) of Allah’s Final Message, i.e. the Holy Qur’an.
All Related to Ismailimail at the Inauguration of the Aga Khan Museum & Ismaili Centre, Toronto
- Women & Leadership: Discovering the Aga Khan Museum: In conversation with Pakistan’s Genius Artist – Aisha Khalid
- Ismailimail | Jubilation: Memories of Toronto
- Discovering the Aga Khan Museum: In Conversation with Pakistan’s Genius Artist – Imran Qureshi
- Happy Birthday Princess Zahra
- Discovering the Aga Khan Museum: Performing Arts Venues – Auditorium, Courtyard, Hallways and the Park
- Discovering the Aga Khan Museum: Masterpieces from the Collection
- Discovering the Aga Khan Park: Reflections – An Interplay of Nature with the Built Environment
- Discovering the Aga Khan Museum: Bellerive Room – Prince and Princess Sadruddin Aga Khan Collection
- Aga Khan Museum: Welcomes the World – Doors Open to the Public
- Noorani Family at Ismaili Centre, Toronto and Aga Khan Museum inauguration: Mawlana Hazar Imam, Prince Amyn, Prince Rahim with Princess Salwa, and Prince Hussain
- Happy Birthday Prince Amyn and Thank You for all your gifts towards the Aga Khan Museum and Ismaili Centre, Toronto!
- Discovering Ismaili Centre, Toronto: An Architectural and Engineering Gem
- Discovering Aga Khan Museum: The Gift Shop
- Humbled and Grateful: Ismailimail invited to momentous occasion