Samuh Lagan is an event where wedding ceremonies are conducted in a group in order to save on costs.
Excerpt from “The Voyage of Destiny” by Amirali Mamdani:
In 1913, Sultan Muhammad Shah was to visit Rajkot. Most of Rahemtulla’s brothers and friends planned to be there and urged him to attend the medo. Another significant reason for attending was to find a match for their children. It was also the Imam’s desire that the maximum number of marriages should take place during the padhramni, so he could bless the couples. Such an occasion and blessings of the Imam were considered a matter of good fortune, while the parents could also save money in samuh lagan…
Samuhlagan 2014 SIDDHPUR ISMAILI JAMAT
Samuhlagan 2011 Vaishali Nagar Ismaili Jamat
Related India at Ismailimail:
- AKF (India): WASH interventions in Uttar Pradesh and Bihar in response to the pandemic
- Mirza Samnani (@MirzaSamnani) and Gollar working to defeat Covid-19 one patient at a time @AKDN
- Bridging the Divide: How Youth Junction is Training Rural Youth in India for Urban Jobs
- Aga Khan Rural Support Programme India Empowers Marginalized Communities in Rural India to Tackle COVID-19 with Virtual Trainings @MicrosoftAsia
- Kurla (Mumbai, India) Jamat Khana Volunteers Help Migrants With Water Distribution
- Ratish Nanda: The Heritage Keeper: The man instrumental in reviving Sunder Nursery and Humayun Tomb in Delhi
- India: Azim Premji Foundation Donates $132 million (US Dollars) Towards COVID-19 Relief Fund via Forbes.com
- The Jubilee Stars & Raj Film Works: Hume Karke Dikhana Hai
- Navroz 2020: A Special Unplugged Concert by @Salim_Merchant, @Sulaiman feat @Rajpandit17
- KHOJAWIKI.ORG: Hassanali Walji Kanji: Canada giving back to Kathiawar!
Earlier featured on Ismailimail:
Earlier on Support & Vote for Inspiring Leadership:
Get breaking news related to the Ismaili Imamat, the Noorani Family, the world wide Ismaili Jamat and all their endeavors and successes.
Learn how to subscribe and join 15,000 + other amazing people – Subscribe now!