The brother-sister duo, Mirza Ali Baig and Samina Baig made it to the summit of Mount Elbrus (Russia) on July 24, 2014 at 9:00 a.m. local time. And this too almost a month ahead of the planned August date. Climbing this mountain marks the conclusion of their adventure diplomacy project.
Mount Elberuz is the seventh and final mountain peak of the 7 Summits in 7 Continents the duo has successfully attempted and conquered. Although Mirza Ali has yet to reach the top of Mount Everest, he is very excited about the accomplishments of the project and especially of his younger sister, Samina. While both the brother-sister duo had summited Mount Everest, Mirza Ali had consciously abstained from reaching the top of the mountain by 248 meters to give his sister, Samina Baig, the exclusive privilege of summiting Mt. Everest all by herself and without his help – lending a powerful message for women’s empowerment in Pakistan and around the world.
Seven Summits represents each of the highest mountain peaks in each of the seven continental regions. Summiting all of them is regarded as a mountaineering challenge and a life-time achievement.
Breaking news! Very delighted to share the great news of Mt. Elbrus. Summit time: Samina reached summit at 9 am local time, thus the adventure diplomacy, women empowerment project came to its amazing ending with great success!
Samina became the first Pakistani and first Muslim woman to climb the Seven Summits in record age (23) and record time.
I will attempt Everest from north side IA, then we will be first siblings to complete the seven summits!
We have the greatest honour to hoist our green flag on top of seven summits.
I would thank Almighty Allah for his hiden suppprt and blessings, I would owe my great love and thank you to:
- Kiwi Angels Young Grasshopper for their tremendious financial support, sponsoring Everest plus 4 other mountains of seven summits;
- Aziz Sharif for his sponsorship of Mts. Vinson and Aconcagua;
- Daina McArthur for sponsoring Mt. Mickenly and making our US trip so wonderful;
- Aziz Bolani and Serena Hotel;
- The Adventure Diplomacy Group;
- My family and special friends;
- Facebook friends for moral support!!
- AND also big thank you to those who Never believed in me!!!
Adventure Diplomacy Project – 7 Summits in 7 Continents: Final Report
- Mount Everest (Nepal) – May 19, 2013
- Mount Aconcagua (Argentina) – December 13, 2013
- Mount Vinson (Antarctica) – January 17, 2014
- Mount Kilimanjaro (Tanzania) – February 12, 2014
- Mount Puncat Jaya (Indonesia) – March 19, 2014
- Mount Mckinley (USA) – June 28, 2014
- Mount Elbrus (Russia) – July 24, 2014 (ahead of the originally planned date of August 2014)
What’s next for the brother-sister duo? Perhaps summit Mont Blanc to also qualify for the Bass or the Messner lists of mountaineering challenge. Then, there is also the Seven Second Summits … who know what the future holds
Acclerate your awareness, learn more about the duo:
- Samina and Mirza announce completion of Adventure Diplomacy after scaling Mt. Elbrus
- Ismailimail – all expeditions and related
- The Ismaili feature – Female Ismaili mountaineer conquers Everest as an inspiration to the women of Pakistan
- 7 Summits in 7 Continents – Adventure Diplomacy
- Pakistan Youth Outreach – Gender Equality Expedition and Women Empowerment
- The 7 Summits
- Biography film on Samina Baig’s expedition to Mt. Everest Beyond the Heights – Trailer on Vimeo
- Biography film on Samina Baig’s expedition to Mt. Everest Beyond the Heights – Trailer on Youtube