College & Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA) honours Centennial Award, and Canadian Nurses Association honours Jeanne Mance Award 2016 to Shahirose Premji, RN, B.Sc., BScN, MScN, PhD, Associate Professor, Faculty of Nursing, University of Calgary
New generations of neonatal nurses see a role model. People familiar with her work to reduce neonatal mortality and morbidity find her remarkable. Those who witness her dedication to community services, research and capacity-building call her an inspiration.
Shahirose Premji’s outstanding contributions in Canada and abroad, in neonatal teaching, research and leadership and in strengthening neonatal nursing career paths, have created new opportunities. Through these achievements, she has effectively transformed the clinical, leadership and research capacities of countless nurses.
As an associate professor in the nursing faculty at the University of Calgary, a founding member of the Canadian Association of Neonatal Nurses and a leader in clinical, academic and administrative roles, Shahirose has established herself as a force for the advancement of our profession in what promises to be a long-lasting legacy.
Source: Jeanne Mance Award 2016
- Dr. Shahirose Premji receives Nursing Excellence in Research Award 2018 | UCalgary Nursing
- University of Calgary Faculty of Nursing researcher Shahirose Premji receives funding for preterm birth study
- Shahirose Premji: Can parent care help improve survival rate of preterm babies?
- Professor Shahirose Premji honoured with awards from Canadian Nurses Association and CARNA
- Kabir Jivraj: Tanzania Regional Advisory Council begins exploring opportunities
- Vote for Shahirose Premji’s Grand Challenges Canada Project
- Shahirose Premji to host Science in the Cinema – Motherland Afghanistan
Previously on Ismailimail…