Bishkek, 17 October 2016 — Mawlana Hazar Imam arrived in Kyrgyzstan this evening, ahead of the inauguration of the University of Central Asia’s Naryn campus. He was accompanied by Prince Aly Muhammad.
Her Excellency Elvira Sarieva, Minister of Science and Education received Mawlana Hazar Imam on behalf of the Kyrgyz government. Aga Khan Development Network Resident Representative for Kyrgyzstan Shamsh Kassim-Lakha, who is also the Executive Chairman of the UCA Board Executive Committee, and Dr Mahmoud Eboo, Chairman of the Ismaili Leaders’ International Forum, welcomed Hazar Imam on behalf of the institutions and the Jamat.
In a gesture of traditional hospitality, Hazar Imam was presented with an offering of non (bread) by two students from the Aga Khan School in Osh.
Source: The Ismaili
Recent blog posts
- SR Media Group: Mowla E Kainaat – Hazrat Ali A.S (Episode 1 Part 3 Wiladat E Ali)
- Sara-Maya Kaba: Ghunghroos around my ankles and hockey skates on my feet
- India: US announces fund to conserve Taramati and Premamati Tombs
- Ismailism and Islam in Modern South Asia: Community and Identity in the Age of Religious Internationals
- Cyclical Sanctity and Ismaili Identity: A Framework for Rethinking Conversion to Shi’i Islam in the Iranian World