Prime Minister Justin Trudeau meets with His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan, the spiritual leader of the Shia Imami Ismaili Muslims and founder of the Aga Khan Development Network, in Ottawa on Tuesday, May 17.
Mr. Trudeau (Papineau, Que.) and the Aga Khan spoke in English and French, and chatted about ways to further co-operate on global peace and security.
The Aga Khan, also known as the Imam of the Nizari Ismailis, was made an honorary Canadian in 2010. (Photograph courtesy of Jean-Marc Carisse)
Discover, Explore and Learn at The Hill Times – Photo of the Week
About The Hill Times
The Hill Times, Canada’s politics and government newsweekly, first rolled off the presses on Oct. 5, 1989, changing the coverage of Canadian federal politics and government forever.
Our readers include Cabinet ministers, MPs, Senators, political staffers, lobbyists, ‘backroomers,’ political junkies, and some of the top decision-makers in the country, including influential players in Parliament, Cabinet, the Prime Minister’s Office, the Privy Council, the Finance Department, Treasury Board, the Department of National Defence, the Justice Department, and more.
Hill Times Publishing is the premier source for Canadian political news, information and analysis. With an influential readership of over 200,000 including Canada’s top opinion leaders and policy makers, Hill Times Publishing is the most complete source of news and information for people who need to work with, speak to and understand the Canadian federal government. Hill Times Publishing’s award winning publications and news services include The Hill Times, Embassy Magazine, The Wire Report and Parliament Now and the annual glossy magazines, Embassy Newcomer and Hill Times Power and Influence.
Via The Hill Times
From the Ismailimail Archives – Earlier on The Hill Times
Research, Insight & Perspective by A. Maherali
- His Highness the Aga Khan to meet Prime Minister Justin Trudeau of Canada
- MP Yasmin Ratansi & Arif Virani welcome His Highness the Aga Khan to Parliament Hill
- Video: Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau welcomes His Highness the Aga Khan
- Shaun Chen, Iqra Khalid and other Members of Parliament welcome His Highness the Aga Khan
- MP Arif Virani with His Highness the Aga Khan & PM Justin Trudeau at Parliament Hill
- Member Parliament of Canada Hon Mélanie Joly welcomes His Highness the Aga Khan
- Extended Video: Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau welcomes His Highness the Aga Khan
- Prime Minister Trudeau discussed pluralism, human rights and respect for diversity with His Highness the Aga Khan
- MP Iqra Khalid welcomes His Highness the Aga Khan to the Parliament
- Lieutenant Governor of Ontario meets His Highness the Aga Khan
- Official Video: His Highness the Aga Khan in Prime Minister’s Office, Parliament Hill, Ottawa
- Social media contributions: Global Pluralism Lecture 2016
- Justice Albie Sachs: “Please accept South Africa’s most precious gift. Thank you, Your Highness.”
- Global Pluralism Lecture 2016 with Albie Sachs: The Battle for the South African Constitution
- Pontifical Institute for Mediaeval Studies grants Honorary Degree of Doctor of Letters in Mediaeval Studies to Mawlana Hazar Imam
- Canada’s oldest humanities research institute awards Mawlana Hazar Imam an honorary degree | The Ismaili
- His Highness the Aga Khan receives Honorary Degree from Toronto’s Pontifical Institute of Mediaeval Studies
- Pontifical Institute of Mediaeval Studies citation for His Highness the Aga Khan | Aga Khan Development Network
- Global Centre for Pluralism Annual Lecture 2016 Introductory Remarks by His Highness the Aga Khan
- The Hill Times Photo of the Week features Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau with His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan
- St. Mike’s Pontifical Institute honours Muslim leader
- Photo Album: Global Centre for Pluralism’s 2016 Annual Pluralism Lecture
- Pontifical Institute of Mediaeval Studies (PIMS) proudly honours His Highness the Aga Khan
- Pontifical Institute for Mediaeval Studies awards Mawlana Hazar Imam an honorary degree