Toronto, May 13, 2016 — Diwan’s patio at the Aga Khan Museum is ready for summer. Beginning Saturday, May 14 at 11:30 am, diners will enjoy comfortable lounge seating, a spectacular view, and a new patio menu developed by the McEwan Group perfect for the warm weather and BBQ season. With sharing platters and a host of items prepared at an open grill, Diwan’s fully licensed patio offers summer dining at its best. Extended hours for an all-mezes menu Thursday to Saturday until 8 pm encourage after-work and weekend crowds. The Museum’s daily programming — such as the newly opened exhibition Marvellous Creatures: Animals in Islamic Art — provides a compelling reason to experience Diwan’s patio during daytime hours.
“Already a great cultural destination, the Aga Khan Museum is now also a sizzling summer dining destination,” says Peter Carruthers, the Aga Khan Museum’s Commercial Director. “Delicious, freshly grilled food straight from the BBQ: this is the Diwan experience for the Summer of 2016!”
New Patio Menu Highlights at Diwan include:
- A choice of chicken, lamb, and prawns ($12 each) prepared on the outside grill;
- A generous mezes platter of Middle Eastern and South Asian delights designed for sharing ($28);
- Paratha Tacos, offering an innovative twist on the traditional taco with Shawarma-style Chicken and Shirazi Salsa garnish ($7)
Diwan’s full grill menu is offered 11:30 am–6 pm Tuesday to Sunday. From Thursday to Saturday, sharing platters and other light mezes are available from 6–8 pm.
During the summer, Diwan will continue to offer a wide-ranging lunch menu that can be enjoyed in its elegant dining room or outside from 11:30 am–2:30 pm, Tuesday to Sunday. For information about private event catering in Diwan, email email@example.com.
- Patio Season Kicks Off Tomorrow at Aga Khan Museum’s Diwan Restaurant
- Lunch at Diwan in the Aga Khan Museum Is a Delight for the Eyes As Well As the Stomach
- Diwan at the Aga Khan Museum: Top 10 Hidden Gems of Winterlicious 2016 | Scorch
- Master Chef Mark McEwan of Aga Khan Museum’s foray into Middle Eastern cuisine
- Former Judge on Top Chef Canada & Master Chef Mark McEwan Joins Aga Khan Museum to lead Diwan Restaurant
- Globe and Mail Interviews Celebrity Chef Mark McEwan of Diwan restaurant at Aga Khan Museum
- Dine amidst antiques at Aga Khan Museum’s Diwan
- BlogTO | Diwan – Aga Khan Museum’s restaurant offers tastes of Islamic cuisines
- Toronto Life | Aga Khan Museum’s restaurant, Diwan