Aliya Karmali was the winner of the ConocoPhillips Youth Of Distinction Awards 2014 in the Sportsmanship category.
She is a great athlete, an encouraging coach and a positive role-model to her fellow athletes. With her dynamic attitude, one can easily make out that she is a conqueror! I had an opportunity to interview this young lady and what unfolded during the interview is truly inspiring!
How did you first get into athletics? What sports?
My mom enrolled me in sports at a very young age. I think she decided that for the purpose of teaching me and my two older brothers how to become self-disciplined and eventually learn how to manage our time better to find a healthy balance between academics and athletics. This skill has carried on with me for many years
Related at Ismailimail:
- Kamal Haji Presentation: Together We Win
- Together We Win: United States Ismaili Games 2019
- Zulfia Nazeer Ahmed: Pakistani Footballer-turned-Powerlifter Wins Gold Medal in Dubai
- Hoshang Noor Ali’s Unlikely Path to the World Stage
- Shams Charania: 40 Under 40 Sports Media Talents 2019
- Jhulan Goswami and Kainat Imtiaz: Spirit of Cricket
- Aga Khan Academy Sports Camps: Playing for the Future
- Faisal Bhanji Memorial Cup – Volleyball Tournament 2019
- Mountaineer Sirbaz Khan Climbs Broad Peak, World’s 12th Highest Mountain
- Cricket, Corruption and the World Cup
Earlier featured on Ismailimail:
Earlier on Support & Vote for Inspiring Leadership:
Get breaking news related to the Ismaili Imamat, the Noorani Family, the world wide Ismaili Jamat and all their endeavors and successes.
Learn how to subscribe and join 15,000 + other amazing people – Subscribe now!