There is so much more to the Muslim religion than the broken record of terrorism and extremism the media perpetuates. Ismaili Muslims, for example, have a religious leader, the Aga Khan, who is responsible for $625 million worth of philanthropic programs all across the world that nobody knows about. We should be hearing more about him.
The Aga Khan’s work is newsworthy, and the media should be focusing more on the contributions of the Muslim community rather than on the small percentage of Muslims who terrorize the world.
There are several occasions where the media has exaggerated the threat that extremists pose.
More at the source: MediaFileDC – Sophie Kaplan – Opinion, September 19, 2016
- His Highness the Aga Khan: “My Jamat should remain aware that there is no room for complacency over the risks posed by the highly contagious coronavirus”
- Amin Mawani Salutes “Imam-e-Zaman” in New Geet (With Lyrics & Translations)
- Nimira’s Blog: Footprints III – Post-Diamond Jubilee of Mawlana Hazar Imam
- Jashn-e Gulzor-e Imomat (Rose Garden of the Imamat): A Beautiful Persian Song Dedicated to His Highness the Aga Khan for #ImamatDay2020
- JollyGul.com: 63 Years of Principles In Action #ImamatDay2020
- Prime Minister Justin Trudeau: “The values that His Highness promotes, we Canadians hold dear” #ImamatDay2020
- #ImamatDay2020 Special Message by His Highness the Aga Khan: “I will make appropriate decisions on when to return to normal practice.”
- Playlist of 7 Beautiful Songs written by Kamal Haji #ImamatDay2020 Special
- #Eid2020 Special Message by His Highness the Aga Khan: I send my special loving blessings to my Jamats throughout the world
- Quote: While not easy, physical distancing is essential
- Quote: Instability is infectious, but so is hope
- Quote: Allah’s blessings and guidance, will determine our future