There is so much more to the Muslim religion than the broken record of terrorism and extremism the media perpetuates. Ismaili Muslims, for example, have a religious leader, the Aga Khan, who is responsible for $625 million worth of philanthropic programs all across the world that nobody knows about. We should be hearing more about him.
The Aga Khan’s work is newsworthy, and the media should be focusing more on the contributions of the Muslim community rather than on the small percentage of Muslims who terrorize the world.
There are several occasions where the media has exaggerated the threat that extremists pose.
More at the source: MediaFileDC – Sophie Kaplan – Opinion, September 19, 2016
- India: Virtual Walk Around the Aga Khan Palace and Museum to Explore its Unique Features
- Lost and Found: Seeking the Light of the Imam. Poem by Sujjawal Ahmad
- His Highness the Aga Khan Bestowed “Keys” to City of Porto, Portugal
- Recognition of the Imam: Realizing the “Ali Allah” Reality
- AKU Celebrates Research and Development Partnerships in Lisbon
- Aga Khan Music Award laureates receive US$ 500,000 prize
- Portugal Awarded National Citizenship to His Highness the Aga Khan
- His Highness the Aga Khan donates three paintings to Ancient Art and Soares dos Reis museums
- SR Media Group: Aaj Na Avsar
- London, United Kingdom: His Highness the Aga Khan named Prince’s Trust Global Founding Patron
- SR Media Group: SADAEEN HAMARI
- Your Love our Salvation Poem by Tashir (Tash) Kasmani