There is so much more to the Muslim religion than the broken record of terrorism and extremism the media perpetuates. Ismaili Muslims, for example, have a religious leader, the Aga Khan, who is responsible for $625 million worth of philanthropic programs all across the world that nobody knows about. We should be hearing more about him.
The Aga Khan’s work is newsworthy, and the media should be focusing more on the contributions of the Muslim community rather than on the small percentage of Muslims who terrorize the world.
There are several occasions where the media has exaggerated the threat that extremists pose.
More at the source: MediaFileDC – Sophie Kaplan – Opinion, September 19, 2016
- KfW “Weiterdenken” (“Thinking Ahead”) event- Berlin, Germany 2019
- Simon Fraser University: Top Stories of 2018
- @AleemKarmali: Heritage and Homage – The Jubilees of the Ismaili Imamat
- Global Atlanta: Our 18 Most-Read Stories of 2018
- Salgirah Mubarak from Farah Nasser Award Winning Journalist & News Anchor at Global News, Toronto
- Canadian Ismailis celebrate 82nd birthday of His Highness the Aga Khan
- ANA ‘L- HAQQ- I am the Truth by Afraaz Mulji
- @Senjaffer: Congratulations on the Occasion of 82nd Birthday of His Highness the Aga Khan
- NsN Production: Moula Mere Moula – The Prayer of Love
- Statement by Justin Trudeau, Prime Minister of Canada on the 82nd birthday of His Highness the Aga Khan
- 13th of December, Remember this day of blessing to bless others
- @mayaiartproduction: Happy 82nd Birthday to our beloved Hazar Imam