New Delhi: Delhi government is upgrading the Ghalib academy as a permanent exhibition centre associated with poet Mirza Ghalib.
The Project includes improvement of façade, in line with the guidelines approved by National Monument Authority, replacing modern elements with traditional stone elements and internal renovations for creation of major public spaces such as an auditorium and multipurpose hall.
Creating a shop front for publications related to Mirza Ghalib is also planned, said a senior Delhi government official.
The Delhi Lt Governor Najeeb Jung on Monday directed the Secretary of Delhi Urban Heritage Foundation to complete the works on Ghalib Academy and Aga Khan Foundation at the earliest.
via Delhi government to upgrade Ghalib academy as exhibition centre – IBNLive.
Related from the Ismailimail Archives:
- Aga Khan Trust for Culture will restore protected monuments in Sunder Nursery
- Humayun’s Tomb Built in 1562
- Heritage sites to get looks they deserve
- A tomb in today’s times
- India Post: Aga Khan Historic Cities Program exhibition in University of California Berkeley
- New find may shed light on Mughal era – Preservation through public-private partnership
- Sundar Nursery for heritage conservation
- Aga Khan focuses on education reforms, conservation of monuments in India
- Humayun’s Tomb
- Development of Humayun tomb complex in Delhi
- More qawwali nights in the precinct of the Humayun’s Tomb