Last year Anar Simpson shared the path that led her to Technovation. Fast forward one year – the Technovation program has doubled in size with amazing opportunities for young women around the world to work toward their vision of changing the world!
An invitation from Anar
Today I want to share the amazing projects these young women have created through the program.
The young women are encouraged to create apps that address a problem within their own community. Many of the problems are basic human struggles,such as stress, fitting in, and uncertainty.
But the triggers and solutions vary greatly across communities. The stress of living in a slum is very different than the stress of being in an affluent high school, which leads to amazingly diverse apps to help people navigate through their world.
The group that wins the competition gets resources to develop their app for the market; something that I would have loved as a student.
Many of the 2014 apps can be seen here: http://2014gallery.technovationchallenge.org/
What continues to inspire me about this program is the quality and calibre of apps which are solving real problems all around the world.
In 2013, Technovation had participation (signups) from 19 countries and in 2014 we more than doubled that to participation from 45 countries!
The curriculum is on-line and free. The experience is amazing and every middle and high school girl should have a chance to get the experience of this program.
Today, I’m asking each of you to become a mentor for the 2015 cycle (you will learn app development along-side the girls and model life-long learning with them) and grow the STEM pipeline with more women. (2015 Mentor Information). I hope you will join me in this journey, to change the world by encouraging and supporting others in this very technology pervasive world, whether with the Technovation Challenge or other programs that speak to you, and be a part of the global community of women supporting tomorrow’s women.
Discover, Explore and Learn more at Anita’s Quilt – Threads of Inspiration | Accepted Invitation to Technovation
Related Anar Simpson at Ismailimail Archives:
- Anar Simpson: Technovation (@Technovation) New Board Member
- Year in Review: IsmailiMail Interview with @AnarSimpson, @Technovation Global Ambassador
- Facebook Live Event: The Power of Women in Tech with @AnarSimpson #MentorTalks
- Anar Simpson: The Stanford Africa Business Forum 2019 @AnarSimpson
- Technovation Ambassador Anar Simpson appointed to CARE Canada’s Board of Directors
- Young Girls From India And Nigeria Win Technovation Mobile App Competition in California
- Beyond the Glass Ceiling by Anar Simpson at the 2018 OpenText Women in Technology Summit
- Valentine’s Day: University of Calgary Alumni Power Couples: Anar and Todd Simpson
- The Women in Public Service Project Welcomes Anar Simpson to its Advisory Council
- Anar Simpson: Breaking Barriers with Technovation
- Anar Simpson honoured with Silicon Valley Women of Influence Award 2017
- Anar Simpson receives GSMA Women4Tech – Glomo Awards
- A chat with Anar Simpson on Women & Tech – Winner of SDG5 Award at the World Government Summit Conference
- Anar Simpson appointed Member UN Secretary-General’s High-Level Panel on Women’s Economic Empowerment
- Anar Simpson speaks at the United State of Women Summit in Washington DC
- Anar Simpson, Technovation: Promoting Women in the Technology Sector, receives Gem Tech Award 2015
- Anar Simpson: UCalgary 2015 Distinguished Alumna Award
- 2015 University of Calgary’s Distinguished Alumni Award Recipient – Anar Simpson
- Anar Simpson Presents at UN Women and UNESCO’s Mobile Learning Week Conference
- Anar Simpson, Technovation’s Global Ambassador invites you to the Technovation Challenge
- Anar Simpson: Getting it done in Silicon Valley
- Anar Simpson: Anita’s Quilt – Threads of Inspiration
- Anar Simpson: Global Ambassador for Technovation Challenge
- TechWomen is accepting applications for the 2013 program
- The Aga Khan Education Board for Canada and Technovation invites you to a Panel Discussion with Women Leaders in Technology
- A Canadian in the Valley – Ismailimail’s Interview with Anar Simpson
- Anar Simpson: Time For Broader View
- Anar Simpson: Taking a Stand on Poverty
Get breaking news related to the Ismaili Imamat, the world wide Ismaili Muslim community and all their creativity, endeavors and successes.
Inspired? Share the story
Want to inspire? Send your stories to us at Ismailimail@gmail.com
Subscribe and join 18,000 + other individuals – Subscribe now!
Related from the Ismailimail Archives: