“While some North American museums have significant collections of Muslim art, there is no institution devoted to Islamic art. In building the museum in Toronto, we intend to introduce a new actor to the North American art scene. What happens on that continent, culturally, economically and politically, cannot fail to have worldwide repercussions – which is why we thought it important that an institution capable of promoting understanding and tolerance should exist there. …
The 1,428 years of the Ummah embrace many civilizations and are therefore characterized by an astonishing pluralism. In particular, this geographic, ethnic, linguistic and religious pluralism has manifested itself at the most defining moments in the history of the Ummah. The Aga Khan Museum Collection will highlight objects drawn from every region and every period, and created from every kind of material in the Muslim world.”
– His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan IV
Keynote Address – ‘Musée-Musées’ Round Table Conference, Louvre Museum, Paris, France October 17, 2007
Click the image to launch the The Aga Khan Museum Project Brief pdf at the AKDN website.
Accelerate your awareness … Learn even more!
B: Explore the Cultural Diplomacy Series:
- Cultural Diplomacy: Aga Khan Museum – Project Brief
- Cultural Diplomacy: Aga Khan Museum – The Road to Toronto via Parma, London, Paris, Lisbon … Lessons from the European Tour
- Cultural Diplomacy: Aspirations of the Aga Khan Museum
C: Discover the Connections Series:
- Connections: Aga Khan Museum
- Connections: Dubai hosts International Preview Exhibition of the Aga Khan Museum
D: All related to Aga Khan Museum at: