The brother-sister duo, Mirza Ali Baig and Samina Baig made it to the summit of Mt. Mckinley, also known as Mt. Denali, on June 28, 2014 at 7:20 p.m. local time.
Mount McKinley is the sixth of the seven summits in seven continents the duo has successfully attempted and conquered.
Next is Mount Elberuz, the last of their planned 7 Summits in 7 Continents.
The weather condition was unpredictable and the gain from the base camp to the summit was higher than Mt. Everest. The duration of the expedition was three weeks. Though, it could have been done in 18 days. The team got struck at Camp IV at 17,200 ft for four days due to severe weather. It took them 15 hours for return climb.
7 Summits in 7 Continents: Progress Report
- Mount Everest (Nepal) – May 2013
- Mount Aconcagua (Argentina) – December 2013
- Mount Vinson (Antarctica) – January 2014
- Mount Kilimanjaro (Tanzania) – February 2014
- Mount Puncat Jaya (Indonesia) – March 2014
- Mount Mckinley (USA) – June 2014
- Mount Elbrus (Russia) – August 2014 (planned)
Learn more about the duo:
- Ismailimail – all expeditions and related
- The Ismaili feature – Female Ismaili mountaineer conquers Everest as an inspiration to the women of Pakistan
- 7 Summits in 7 Continents – Adventure Diplomacy
- Pakistan Youth Outreach – Gender Equality Expedition and Women Empowerment
- The Seven Summits
- Beyond the Heights – Trailer