The Professional Institute of the Public Service of Canada (PIPSC) was founded in 1920. With over 60,000 members, the Institute is the largest union in Canada representing scientists and professionals employed at the federal and some provincial and territorial levels of government.
The Institute was founded to protect the interests of professional public employees and became a bargaining agent following the implementation of the Public Service Staff Relations Act (PSSRA) in 1967.
Alnashir Ravjiani (Khamisa) currently works at Canada Revenue Agency and has represented members of the Professional Institute on various fronts including bargaining, consultation, representational services for over 20 years. Al was also on the board of directors of PIPSC for 10 years.
Following are some highlights of his experience both at Regional and National levels:
- Toronto Regional Representative on the AFS Executive and Bargaining Team (September 2014 to Present)
- PIPSC Board of Directors; Director, Ontario Region (2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, January to June of 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, January to August 2014)
- PIPSC Chair Finance Committee (January 2010 to December 2011)
- PIPSC Executive Committee-Acting Full Time Vice President (July 2009-Dec 2009)
- Chair, Executive Compensation Committee (2013)
- Chair, Human Rights in the Workplace Committee (2008, 2009)
Alnashir is committed to work for your rights. He will work in solidarity with partners to convince the public about the value of work.
Ballots will be sent out to PIPSC members on October 10, 2018 and the elections will close on November 2, 2018. If you are a member of PIPSC, please vote and exercise your democratic right.
Alnashir Ravjiani, CPA,CMA.