On Thursday, May 11, 2017, Prince Amyn Aga Khan delivered his remarks at Museum of Anthropology, UBC, at their opening of the exhibition: Traces of Words: Art and Calligraphy from Asia.
Having attended school in Switzerland, Prince Amyn obtained a BA (magna cum laude) from Harvard University and an MA from Harvard’s Graduate School of Arts and Sciences. In 1964 he joined the United Nations Secretariat in New york, where he served in the Department of Economic and Social Affairs, and in 1968 he joined the Aga Khan’s Secretariat at Aiglemont, France. Prince Amyn is a member of the Board of the Aga Khan Fund for Economic Development and is currently Chairman of its Executive Committee. He is also a Director of the Aga Khan Foundation and the Aga Khan Trust for Culture, where he has been actively associated with the Aga Khan Award for Architecture and the Historic Cities Support Programme. Prince Amyn is a Trustee of the World Monuments Fund and is also a Director of the Silk Road Project (launched by yo-yo Ma). He is a member of the Council of the Friends of the louvre, of the Metropolitan Museum’s Visiting Committee of the Department of Islamic Art and of the Museum of Modern Art’s International Council. Prince Amyn has been actively involved in the creation (and even design) of the Serena hotels as lodges and of many other Aga Khan Development Network buildings.
- Don’t Ask Me Where I’m From: New Exhibition @AgaKhanMuseum
- Prince Amyn Aga Khan receives Medal of Honour of the City of Porto (Video)
- Porto, Portugal: Prince Amyn Muhammad to Receive Medal of Honor
- Aga Khan Music Award laureates receive US$ 500,000 prize
- His Highness the Aga Khan donates three paintings to Ancient Art and Soares dos Reis museums
- From Abu Dhabi to Azerbaijan: around the world in 50 mosques
- Aga Khan Centre (UK): Celebrating the Transformative Power of Generosity- Video
- World Monuments Fund honours Prince Amyn Aga Khan and Dr. Eusebio Leal Spengler at annual Hadrian Gala
- World Monuments Fund To Honor Prince Amyn Aga Khan at 2018 Hadrian Gala
- Words of Wisdom: The common symbols that unite us all
- Warm Welcome by Prime Minister of Portugal for His Highness Prince Karim and Prince Amyn Aga Khan
- Most giftable books: 50 Mosques | The Globe & Mail