Payette Headquarters, Boston, MA. August 17, 2016. Next month, hear from three of our healthcare architects and leaders on one of our legacy projects. We’ll be presenting with our client from the Aga Khan University at the Healthcare Facilities Symposium in Orlando, Florida.
Payette and AKU
Over the past 30 years, Payette and AKU have worked closely together through numerous master plans, additions and expansions to maintain the character of integrated buildings and landscaped courtyards while adapting the campus to new medical technologies, healthcare delivery, and project delivery methods.
Healthcare Facilities Symposium – Session Details
Legacy of Great Healthcare & Design: Aga Khan University Hospital Karachi
Tuesday, September 20, 2016 | 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM
Open to Conference Attendees Only
A finalist for the American College of Healthcare Architects Legacy Award in 2016, the Aga Khan University was conceived in 1970 to improve healthcare delivery and medical education throughout Pakistan. The state-of-the-art hospital and medical education complex demonstrates that a modern architectural solution should preserve the spirit of its culture. Today, the campus is the hub of an integrated health delivery network that delivers care to one million patients annually in Pakistan and the surrounding region.
Learn how the architectural language established in 1970 has evolved over thirty years, and how Payette and AKU have maintained a long-term, thriving professional relationship.
- Understand the precedents, inspiration, and cultural education embedded in the architectural design of the AKU Hospital Karachi campus.
- Explore the evolution of the AKU Hospital Karachi campus over thirty years from master plan to projects under design.
- Discover the methods of project delivery that has maintained a strong professional relationship between AKU and Payette over thirty years.
- Learn how AKUH Karachi integrates local materials, traditional typologies, modern architectural design, and state-of-the-art healthcare delivery.
Mark Careaga, AIA
Associate Principal, Payette
Alison Laas, AIA
Scott Rawlings, AIA, FACHA, LEED AP
Healthcare Practice Leader, Payette
Head of Design, Aga Khan University
Discover, Explore and Learn more via
- 29th Annual Healthcare Facilities Symposium | Orlando, Florida | September 19-21, 2016
- Payette | Legacy of Great Healthcare & Design: Aga Khan University Hospital Karachi
Research, Insight & Perspective by A. Maherali