Aga Khan University School of Nursing and Midwifery: Public Private Partnership assures better healthcare to residents of Kenya’s coastal region

Aga Khan University School of Nursing and Midwifery: Public Private Partnership assures better healthcare to res idents of Kenya’s coastal regionExcerpt: Professor Yasmin Amarsi, Founding Dean of AKU-SONAM said, “We use innovative educational approaches that allow nurses to upgrade their skills and credentials without leaving the workplace. Thanks to the funds received from the Lundin for Africa Foundation and AKU, the nursing students were only required to pay 30 per cent of the fees. The remaining 70 per cent together with meals, accommodation and transport was paid for with funds generated from the partnership.” This gesture was received warmly as the cost of training was out of reach for most of the nurses.

Joy Muballe, a representative of the Lundin Foundation said, “The aim of the Adolf Lundin Family Foundation was to support solutions to developing challenges such as health and education access. This is done through various instruments including grant funding that helps communities such as those in the coastal region benefit from improved service delivery.” She appreciated the success stories from the alumni, particularly, the important contribution they were making in maternal and child health and said that such success was a result of the effective partnership.


Earlier related:

Public Private Partnership Assure Better Health Care For Residents In Remote Coastal Region

subscribe ismailimailBe the First to Know – Join Ismailimail

Get breaking news related to the Ismaili Imamat, the world wide Ismaili Muslim community and all their creativity, endeavors and successes.

Inspired? Share the story

Want to inspire? Send us your story(s) at

Subscribe and join 24,000 + other individuals – Subscribe now!

Author: ismailimail

Independent, civil society media featuring Ismaili Muslim community, inter and intra faith endeavors, achievements and humanitarian works.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.