On Friday night, 21 projects and practitioners were honoured at the 2016 OAA Awards ceremony in Toronto. Capping off the Ontario Association of Architects’ 2016 conference, the event celebrated previously announced winners, as well as three top award recipients kept under wraps until the big night.
For the People’s Choice award, the public vote chose the Aga Khan Museum, by Moriyama & Teshima Architects in association with Tokyo firm Maki and Associates. Rising on a nondescript area on the outskirts of Toronto, the institution’s striking sculptural form combines a boxy, angular structure and a glass pyramid atop a round podium.
Source: Azure Magazine
- Aga Khan Museum Toronto (Moriyama & Teshima with Maki and Associates) Wins 2016 OAA People’s Choice Awards
- Aga Khan Museum Toronto wins Canada’s 2016 OAA’s Design Excellence Award
- Ontario Association of Architects – 2016 People’s Choice Award: Vote for your favorite project!
- Publication: Ontario Association of Architects – Aga Khan Museum
- Aga Khan Museum Toronto is a Design Excellence Finalist for 2016 Ontario Association of Architects Awards
- Inside Toronto | Ismaili Centre, Toronto wins Ontario Association of Architects 2015 Design Excellence and People’s Choice Awards
- Ismaili Centre Toronto Wins People’s Choice Award