– Nazdiq Shodhan
(Bringing You Closer)
Roshan, Afghanistan’s leading total communications provider, has a reputation for excellence, innovation and service.
The recipient of more than two dozen international honors, the company has been recognized for its transformative impact on Afghanistan and its people, for its catalytic effect on Afghanistan’s economic growth and for actively contributing to Afghanistan’s long-term development through both the its commercial operations and its peerless corporate social responsibility arm, Roshan Community.
Roshan, over the past couple of years has successfully extended its sponsorship of the Afghan Premier League football as another platform of bringing people together.
Remaining true to the slogan, Nazdik Shodan (Bringing You Closer), Roshan’s continuing priority, as a proud Afghan company, is to satisfy one of the most basic human needs – the need to reach out and speak to one another.
Earlier and Related:
Afghan athletes participate in march for the opening ceremony of their new gym. The center will serve 800 teenagers and children, male and female, in the Kabul area. The Youth Sports & Social Development Center was sponsored and constructed by Roshan Community, in partnership with His Highness Prince Aga Khan Shia Imami Ismaili Council for Afghanistan, who will operate the center.
“This contribution will result in a more educated, socially aware, emotionally intelligent and empowered community, helping to build a stronger Afghanistan,”
– Shair Baz Hakemy, President, His Highness Prince Aga Khan Shia Islamii Council for Afghanistan
Roshan (Telecom Development Company Afghanistan Ltd) is Afghanistan’s leading total communications provider with over six million active subscribers and a network that covers over 240 cities and towns in all of the country’s 34 provinces.
Since beginning operations, Roshan has focused on providing the best in customer service and overall customer experience. Roshan was the first to open a 24/7 customer care center, open centers outside of Kabul to better serve its customers, and also the first to introduce an IVR system. In addition, Roshan is the first company to have attained ISO-9001:2008 certification. The certification is the highest quality management recognized by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). According to Roshan’s Chief Executive Officer Karim Khoja, “Roshan’s Customer Service Program owes its success to an unwavering dedication to quality and reliability—values that make Roshan’s Customer Service Program the best in Afghanistan and able to compete on a global scale.”
Roshan’s, Corporate Social Responsibility arm, Roshan Community has over the past year:
- Served over a half a million meals, through a partnership with Afghan NGO Aschiana;
- Built three playgrounds bringing Roshan’s overall total to 19 some of which are in the most insecure parts of the country;
- Constructed 40 wells country-wide bringing the overall number to over 100 that have benefited more than 100,000 people; and
- Expanded its Telemedicine Project to connect the Faizabad hospital with the Bamyan Hospital in Central Afghanistan, the French Medical Institute for children in Kabul and Aga Khan University Hospital in Karachi, Pakistan, thereby increasing delivery of medical care to the most remote regions of Afghanistan and enabling remote diagnosis and medical personnel training.
Roshan is a true Afghanistan success story, serving as a catalyst for economic growth and actively contributing to the country’s long-term development. Since its inception ten years ago, Roshan has invested over $600 million in Afghanistan and is the country’s single largest investor and taxpayer, contributing approximately five percent of the Afghan government’s overall domestic revenue. Roshan directly employs more than 1,200 people, 20 percent of whom are women, and provides indirect employment to more than 30,000 people.
Roshan is deeply committed to Afghanistan’s reconstruction and development. The Aga Khan Fund for Economic Development (AKFED), part of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), is a major shareholder of Roshan and promotes private initiatives and building economically sound enterprises in the developing world. Also owned in part by Monaco Telecom International (MTI) and TeliaSonera, Roshan brings international expertise to the country and is committed to the highest standards of network quality and coverage for the people of Afghanistan.
Accelerate your awareness … Learn even more!
2. Roshan Afghan Premier League
3. Roshan Afghan Premier League – on Facebook
4. Roshan – Awards and Accolades
5. Roshan Community
6. Youth Sports & Social Development Center
7. Youth Sports & Social Development Center – Image Gallery courtesy of Stacey Haga
Research, Insight & Perspective by A. Maherali